Saturday, February 18, 2006

Long Weekend Action...

Long weekends are the next best thing to a full out break. And a full out break is the next best thing to summer. Summer is the next best thing to retirement. So doing the math...Long weekends are the next, next, next best thing to retirement. That's right kiddies, I've got Monday off, and I won't let one minute of it go to waste. I then have an easy 4 day week, followed by a regular weekend followed by another 4 day week and then that Friday off. It'll be pleasant. Unfortunately it's somewhere around that time that I will have to have my ALIS paper done. Looking at it now, I can't imagine actually sitting down and writing it. But I know it'll happen over time with hard work, so I won't let the thought of it ruin any minute of my delightful weekend. It got to -13 degrees here at my house last night. I know people in Alaska, Siberia, etc are used to temperatures like that and much much worse, but anyone in the world will agree that -13 is pretty stinking cold. I've noticed that I can take extreme heats that most others can't, and I can do the same with extreme colds. Oddly enough, the temperatures that get to me the absolute most are between 25-40 degrees. If it goes below that, I'm usually not too cold outside. It's really stinking odd. Well, Sunday should be awesome (more than usual) because I'm on worship team which I love to do, and that night a bunch of my friends and I will be watching "The Lost Boys". It's on my top 10 list of favorite movies now due to how stinking awesome it is. In the meantime I'll spend most of my Saturday playing with my puppy, and reading the latest book I've picked up, "Timeline" by Michael Crichton. It's really good and I'd recommend it to anyone. I just finished a bowl of Trix, because I just woke up. I know it's 2pm, but it's a long weekend. Well may you all be blessed in whatever endeavors you pursue this weekend.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kristin L said...

Matt,
Thank you so much for your comment on my blog. It's comforting to know that my students understand what happens to freedoms when they are abused, and why it's important to respect reasonable limits. I hope ALIS is hasn't detracted too much from your life and that you had a good long weekend.
--Ms. Kakos

8:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home